Friday, July 27, 2012

Personalized Mixes

Lately many people want me to make them some full out mixes.  The only thing is they want them to be "special".  They want a personal mix that's just for them.  They also expect the mix to be ready really quickly.




I'd like to point out that if I'm going to make a mix, it's going to take a while.  Longer than 2 hours.  MUCH longer.  I have to do track selection, I have to consider exactly how I want to mix it, what kind of techniques the listener really likes.  It can take some time...

I mean yeah, sometimes I just walk into my studio and can throw down an awesome 2 hour power mix, but trust me, like any musician, things change when the record button is pressed.

That's it for now,

Blay

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I can be impatient I suppose, like when things drag on for months. But 2 hours? Pfft not even I'm that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I was working on a mix for an online friend and I got bombarded with messages when I went out to see batman... =/

      Delete
  2. The creative process takes time. If you force yourself to be creative it becomes drudgery and kills the creative spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only that, but creativity takes what I call a spark. Sometimes while driving home I'll be listening to a song on my ipod, and I'll get the spark of: "OMFG I NEED TO MIX THIS WITH (insert song name here)!" And that, is when fun is being made.

      Though I'm still very intrigued by the mental effects of the record button being on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...